General Ledger Accountant – Growing Consumer Goods Business – Berlin, Germany
- Competitive Salary Package
- Europe Germany
- Post Date
- 25 Nov 2020
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Number
- Line of Business
- Accounting & Finance
- Gareth Mortimer
We are actively recruiting for a General Ledger Accountant to join a growing team for our client in Berlin. There are numerous international entities within the group and a team of accounts professionals involved in General Ledger controlling and reporting under Local-GAAP/IFRS requirements.
The GL team will work with stakeholders across the business and corporate finance functions in the consolidations, compliance, tax, statutory, multiple general accounting and reporting activities; along with a range of other financial reconciliation and controlling tasks as required within the team.
General Ledger Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Control, consolidate and manage the accuracy of General Ledger for the assigned group companies
- Prepare financial statements and reporting under Local GAAP and IFRS accounting and regulatory standards
- Complete all relevant month/year-end financial close procedures including necessary inter-company corporate reconciliations, accruals and prepayment activities
- Control and prepare VAT, Intrastat and Sales List Reporting, submission of Vat Returns and related compliance.
- Manage the fixed asset register and all relevant accounting, liaising with the accounts payable/receivable clerks and other business areas where required.
- Ideally you will degree qualified in Accounting, Finance or Business and working towards some form of industry qualification such as CPA/ACCA/CA
- Preferably you will have 4-6years of accounting and/or audit experience in a consulting firm.
- Experience with German GAAP/Local GAAP’s and IFRS reporting and accounting standards.
- Good knowledge of general accounting and reporting accrual, prepaid, European VAT, balance sheet reconciliation processes.
- Business English and German language skills are required.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV to Gareth Mortimer (firstname.lastname@example.org).