FP&A Capex analyst | Commercial Real Estate Firm | Amsterdam
- Competitive Salary Package
- amsterdam Europe London luxemburg
- Post Date
- 07 Aug 2022
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Number
- Line of Business
- Accounting & Finance
- Diana Dumitrascu
Our client, a highly successful Commercial Real Estate firm is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their finance team based in Amsterdam.
Reporting to the Development Finance Manager and focusing on Capital Expenditure (Capex) analysis, you will assist with annual and periodic budgeting, prepare and oversee the periodic reporting of the Capital Expenditure.
This is a relatively new role, with newly established systems, which gives an exceptional opportunity to build and shape your own position. You will be part of a young and dynamic team, working alongside colleagues from all over the world.
What you will do
- Develop a deep knowledge of the Yardi Voyager Job Code functionality. Apply your knowledge to overseeing and reporting the Capital Expenditures from small repairs and maintenance to the ground up developments, understanding how and why the system operates as it does and ensuring the output is in line with the expectations of the Senior Leadership.
- Assist with developing / enhancing all management reporting as it relates to Capex spend and planned works and support ad-hoc presentation to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Portfolio Management and FP&A teams to collect and analyse both operational and financial data relating to project compared to targets and budgets, analyse the overruns in line with the market situation (inflation, supply chain issues etc.).
- Work with the data warehousing team to ensure that project data is successfully transferred into the company reporting systems.
- Build and maintain data handling Excel models to facilitate and maintain the data quality of reporting.
- Assist in preparing the budget forecasts on a granular level, managing the long term plan for improvement of the portfolio liaising with cross-functional teams.
- Provide critical support to the Senior Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst and Head of FP&A including preparing financial presentations and other projects requested by senior management.
What you will bring
- 2-5 years experience as a financial analyst, FP&A or auditor with focus on real estate industry
- An in-depth knowledge of real estate and metrics used, as well as an understanding of the principles of property portfolio investment.
- Strong computer literacy. You are experienced with IT applications, Microsoft Excel, Power Pivot, Power BI, Power Query.
- Your head for data. You have experience in handling large data sets and preparing meaningful analysis, including identifying and extrapolating errors in the data.
- Your excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A great team attitude. You will be working across diverse teams including Finance, Asset management, Development and IT.
In exchange, my client is offering a competitive salary and benefits. You’ll be joining a young and ambitious company, so there are plenty of opportunities to contribute, and some pioneering to be done.
For further information and to register your interest in this opportunity, please click Apply Now or email your CV to Diana Dumitrascu at email@example.com (job number: 20445).