Procurement Category Manager | Global Consumer Business | Berlin | Germany
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Europe Germany
- Post Date
- 18 Sep 2023
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Number
- Line of Business
- Supply Chain & Operations
- Gareth Mortimer
On behalf of our client, a major international company, we are seeking a Procurement Category Manager to be based in Berlin. The role is responsible for defining and implementing specific direct category procurement strategies globally.
Procurement Category Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Category, contract, and supplier life cycle management
- Global responsibility for categories such as food production and supplies, treatments, machinery, packaging materials, waste materials, and agrochemicals
- Develop and implement procurement sourcing strategies globally
- Create transparent spend and supplier analysis and lead negotiations with suppliers
- Develop commercial and technical solutions with cross-functional collaboration, manage relationships with internal stakeholders
- Review existing partnerships, maintain, and develop new supplier relationships
- Generate continuous improvement of current procurement processes, procedures, systems, and services
- A profound exposure to at least two of the following categories: food production and supplies, treatments, machinery, packaging materials, waste materials, and agrochemicals
- Extensive and proven strategic procurement experience
- Team player with excellent networking, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Academic degree in a relevant field
- Fluent in English and German, other European languages beneficial
- Experience managing categories on a pan-European or global level.
For further information and to register your interest in this opportunity, please click Apply Now or email your CV to Gareth Mortimer at firstname.lastname@example.org (Vacancy ref: 19931).
See also Procurement Manager Job Description & Profile here.