Senior Internal Auditor, Leading Multinational Commodities Sector, Barcelona, Spain
- Barcelona Europe Spain
- Employment Type
- Job Number
- Line of Business
- Audit, Risk, Compliance & Legal
Our client is a leading multinational, operating in the commodities sector. They are seeking a Senior Auditor to be part of their international team. The role will require up to 50% annual international travel.
Senior Internal Auditor Job Responsibilities:
- Performing audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures.
- Coaching, training and delegating work to junior staff auditors.
- Conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing work papers.
- Identifying, reviewing, developing, and documenting audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Participating in opening and closing meetings.
- Monitoring and reporting audit activity status.
- Communicating the results of audit and advisory projects.
- Identifying and evaluating the organization’s risk areas and providing key input to the development of the Audit Plan.
- Ideally from a Big 4 background or a multinational operating in a similar sector.
- A finance certification such as CPA, ACCA, ACA, CIA (or an international equivalent).
- Full-time experience in auditing, accounting experience, including SOX or other internal controls-based audits.
- Skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Ability for planning and project management.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Ideally English as native language as well as a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- EU eligibility such as an EU passport, Blue Card or VISA / work permit or CANADIAN citizenship.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7553 6331.