Data Analytics and Internal Controls Specialist – Leading Global Services Business – Amsterdam/Hoofddorp – The Netherlands
- Competitive Salary Package
- The Netherlands
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Number
- Line of Business
- Compliance, Internal Controls & Legal
- IT Audit, Technology & Cyber Security
- Gareth Mortimer
We are currently recruiting for a Data Analytics Specialist with strong Internal Controls skills to join a market leader in the services sector. The role has come about in a period of growth for the organisation and they are looking to increase headcount within the Internal Controls function.
You will be responsible for supporting the wider Data Analytics activities within the business and contributing to the annual IC process. You will operate at a senior level within the team and will assist with the strategic direction of the function and continuous improvement activities across the group.
Data Analytics and Internal Controls Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- You’ll operate at a senior level within the team and report into the Global Head of Internal Controls, supporting them with Data Analytics and IC activities across the group.
- You will also be responsible for assisting with the development and use of data analytics to complement and strengthen the internal controls over financial reporting.
- This is a stand-alone role with responsibility for building out and developing the Data Analytics function and ultimately for improving the quality of data and for growing the use of Data Analytics across the group.
- You will be responsible for looking at activities around data cleansing and for eliminating instances of ‘false positives’ within the data and for building and improving the process of source data to the full report.
- There is an International network of stakeholders, you will support, manage and develop this network of IC professionals throughout the group entities.
- Support management of the annual internal control process across the corporate HO and the underlying group companies. This annual process consists of control effectiveness testing (design and operating effectiveness), control design improvement, implementation/deficiency remediation and reporting.
- You will also be responsible for continuous improvement activities and advise management on solutions to identified deficiencies and/or opportunities for value creation and fraud prevention. Bring best practices and continuous improvement into the area of IC.
- At least 5 years of work experience of which 3years experience in data analytics/ financial/operational auditing within a professional accountancy firm, internal audit or internal control function
- University degree or similar equivalent relevant higher education qualification
- Strong understanding of data analytics, including relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.), data analytical tools (Alteryx, MSSQL Management Studio, ACL, etc.) and data visualisation/reporting (Tableau, Spotfire, etc.).
- Experience in the functionality of Oracle Cloud, SAP and authorization controls
- A recognized professional qualification ACA/ACCA/CPA/CISA/CISM/CISSP (or equivalent) is required, or alternatively an RO/RE or CIA qualification.
If you are interested in this position, please send an updated CV to email@example.com.