Data Analytics Auditor – Global Automotive Group – London – UK
- Competitive Salary Package
- Europe UK
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Number
- Line of Business
- Audit & Risk
- IT Audit, Technology & Cyber Security
- Gareth Mortimer
Our Client is a leading international automotive dealership group who are seeking a Data Analytics professional or an Internal Auditor with strong Data Analytics skills to join their Internal Audit function and to be based out of London, travelling to sites across Europe and Africa. Your role will partly be to assist with the planning, executing and reporting of end-to-end business (Financial, Operational & Compliance) Audits.
The Data Analytics professional will also focus on leveraging their programming and advanced analytics skill set to work closely with auditors and develop data-centric analysis and testing strategies that derive insight and help the audit team to better understand the firm’s businesses.
Data Analytics Auditor Job Responsibilities:
- Assist auditors through hands-on analysis of firm data and providing insights from it.
- Help the audit team understand the tools, approaches and infrastructure available to them
- Extract data from the firm’s data stores, profile to identify key features, patterns and outliers, and performing scenario-based testing.
- Assess the quality of data extracted to understand potential limitations or issues
- Develop visualisation analytics and reporting to present scenarios from the data; both at a high level to highlight potential risks and at the detailed level to enable root cause analyses
- Work with the audit teams to build strategic self-service data products that enable auditors to more efficiently and effectively work with firm data and identify potential risk
- Interview staff and Management on Financial, Operating and Compliance questions, perform walk-throughs, design and execute tests to assess operational effectiveness.
- Maintain good relations with the Team at Head Office, Operating Companies and third-party distributors, while maintaining independence.
- Identify opportunities to improve audit procedures and methods.
- Support the development of best practice, assist in the development of the department to improve the audit process and undertake ad-hoc special projects
- Experience working in the Data Analytics field with preference for experience in industry
- Hands-on experience with SQL programming, preferably in Sybase and MS SQL
- Experience with analytical/statistical programming such as Python, R, or SAS
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Ability to communicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of basic statistics (Time Series Analysis, Correlation, Regression) and its application to data would be useful
- Experience with any visualization tool (Spotfire, Qlikview or Tableau) will be an added advantage
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to Gareth Mortimer (email@example.com).