Financial Director Iberia | Pharmaceutical Company | Spain
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Europe Spain
- Post Date
- 19 Mar 2023
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Number
- Line of Business
- Accounting & Finance
- Paul Jarrett
On behalf of our client, a leading pharmaceuticals company, we are seeking an experienced Finance Director Iberia to develop the finance function for Spain and Portugal based out of Spain. Recent experience in Pharmaceuticals or life sciences, a strong FP&A experience coupled with a solid accounting and controllership background is required. This is a key position for an ambitious finance professional who is motivated to contribute to the development of a regional finance function whilst providing financial, and strategic direction to support the growth and vision of the company.
Financial Director Job Responsibilities:
- Develop the finance, FP&A, and administrative framework to support the business.
- Act as Finance Business Partner for the Iberia executive and key contact for region’s finance.
- Lead and manage the strategic planning process including financial forecasts and budgets.
- Work with operations to develop and manage P&Ls and investigate variances.
- Prepare analysis and presentations for regional and corporate management.
- Review plan to ensure management buy in; provide guidelines, assumptions, and targets.
- Assist European Accounting to establish US GAAP, statutory and local reporting. third party payroll and accounting service providers.
- Manage all audit reviews including internal audit, US GAAP, local GAAP and SOX.
- Assist with the procure to pay cycle, integration of 3PLs, wholesalers and other stakeholders within the supply chain.
- Participate in the development of accounting policies and operational strategies.
- Develop solutions and problem solve to improve business effectiveness; improve system efficiencies, business practices and undertake projects.
- Mandatory recent experience in pharmaceuticals or life sciences.
- 8 to 15 years’ relevant experience in finance.
- Proven financial planning, accounting, and reporting experience.
- Able to establish and build a finance function.
- Experience with third party logistics, commercial finance, costing and pricing.
- Excellent technical, analytical, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Autonomous, persistent and results orientated.
- Degree in finance, or a related subject with expertise in Excel and SAP.
- Fluent in Spanish; eligible to work in Spain.
For further information and to register your interest in this opportunity, please click Apply Now or email your CV to Paul Jarrett at email@example.com (job reference: 22642).