Internal Audit Manager – Leading Multinational Group – Amsterdam – The Netherlands
- Competitive Salary Package
- Europe The Netherlands
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Number
- Line of Business
- Audit & Risk
- Gareth Mortimer
Our Client is a leading international group with their European headquarters in the Netherlands and they are currently seeking an Internal Audit Manager to be based in Amsterdam.
Internal Audit serves as an independent monitoring function which reports to the Chairman and supports the Company in mitigating its main strategic, operational, compliance and financial risks, as well as contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and controls.
Internal Audit Manager Job Responsibilities:
- The role of the Internal Audit Manager is to participate in the planning and execution of audit projects, and in the drafting of audit reports.
- The role also contributes to the continuous improvement of the Internal Audit Department
- Participate in the preparation of the Internal Audit assignment planning memorandums
- Gather and review background information on the business to be reviewed and identify key risks and challenges
- Organise meetings and conduct interviews with stakeholders
- Identify and discuss audit findings and recommendations
- Complete working papers and documentation.
- Relevant university degree (such as accounting, finance, business economics, or IT) is a must.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a relevant role with a strong working knowledge of audit techniques.
- Knowledge of audit principles and standards, corporate governance, and/or business processes.
- This role requires analytical and critical thinking, curiosity, and strong communication skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Other languages are a plus.
- The role involves approximately 50% of travelling time
- Competent user of MS Office. Knowledge of SAP business processes and data constructs beneficial. Exposure to visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau) is a strong plus.
- The candidate should have an interest in the application of data analytics to improve business performance and controls.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV to Gareth Mortimer (email@example.com).