Senior Internal Audit Manager – Leading Multinational Group – Cologne – Germany
- Competitive Salary Package
- Europe Germany
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Number
- Line of Business
- Audit & Risk
- Gareth Mortimer
Our client is looking to hire a new Senior Audit Manager, they are a multinational media company looking to build a new Internal Audit team due to internal restructuring and corporate functions relocation.
As Senior Audit Manager, you will undertake strategic and complex audits in a fast-paced audit environment and provide input on the design and delivery of business improvement initiatives by providing guidance to stakeholders and leaders across the organisation.
The ideal candidate must be an audit or controls professional with strong experience within large client environments. You will be responsible for assisting the Head of Audit with developing the audit function and hiring in further audit talent for this growing team.
Senior Audit Manager Job Requirements:
- Lead audit activities in the business, develop bespoke audit plans and audit engagement plans in conjunction with Head of Audit and wider Group stakeholders
- Strong supervisory experience in working with operational management to help keep up a strong risk and control environment
- Partner with the business process owners to recommended new business solutions and for strengthening controls and increased efficiencies via automation, Data Analytics.
- Provide business insights to operational management to help accomplishment of business priorities (ERM) and assist in the execution of local or group-wide controls methodology changes
- Support the Head of Audit in Leading, recruiting and shaping a team of strong audit professionals
- 10+ years’ (min) experience, preferably a Big4 background in external audit and internal audit, as well as industry exposure
- Solid technical understanding of Internal Audit, IFRS, Local GAAP accounting principles, Internal controls, SOX, IIA standards, Corporate Governance, Risk Management, and business processes (BPO) is desirable
- Professional qualifications such as CPA/CIA/CISA is an advantage, as is a Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management, or Engineering
- With excellent communication skills and a strong executive presence and the ability to resolve conflicts in an efficient and non-confrontational way
- Strong analytical capabilities as well as the ability to present and translate complex concepts and work effectively at all levels of the company
- Languages skills – Business English is a must, French is desired, German would be useful
- Travel element with this role is 50% globally, mainly EMEA
If you are interested in this position, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org