GL Manager | International Consumer Goods | Berlin | Germany
- Competitive Salary
- Berlin Germany
- Post Date
- 21 Nov 2023
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Number
- Line of Business
- Accounting & Finance
- Gareth Mortimer
We are recruiting a general ledger manager to join our client’s large Berlin-based shared-service finance hub. You will be responsible for running a team of 15 GL accountants and delivering ledger accounting, intercompany accounting, and asset accounting for multiple global subsidiaries.
With a complex global footprint to serve, you will ensure best practices and alignment with IFRS and local GAAP accounting requirements within the team. Working closely with leadership within the accounting function and the wider business
GL Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead a GL team in preparing and delivering financial statements according to IFRS and local GAAP reporting requirements.
- By engaging with stakeholders across the business, both internal and external, you will drive operational excellence through continuous improvement in line with accounting standards.
- Working within the SLA frameworks, you will ensure the execution of reporting, accrual asset accounting, and inter-company requirements in line with IFRS.
- Responsible with other finance leadership figures for developing a solid framework of accounting performance and standards across the global subsidiaries and group businesses.
- Ideally, you will be degree-qualified in accounting or finance and have 5+ years of experience in a large accounting team or finance function.
- Proven leadership experience in a GL team is ideally sought, but leadership experience in other similar accounting teams would also be valuable.
- International experience is highly desirable; exposure to a global footprint is essential; or experience within shared-service-type hubs is also desirable.
- Working in English but other European language skills are highly desired
If you are interested, please click Apply Now or send a copy of your up-to-date CV to Gareth Mortimer at email@example.com (vacancy ref: 25024).