Internal Controls Specialist – Leading Global Services Business – Amsterdam/Hoofddorp – The Netherlands
- Competitive Salary Package
- Amsterdam Hoofddorp Netherlands
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Number
- Line of Business
- Audit & Risk
- Compliance, Internal Controls & Legal
- Gareth Mortimer
We are currently recruiting for an Internal Controls Specialist to join a market leader in the services sector. The role has come about in a period of growth for the organisation and they are looking to increase headcount within the Internal Controls function.
You will be responsible for supporting the wider Audit and Internal Controls activities within the business and contributing to the annual ICFR process. You will operate at a senior level within the team and will assist with the strategic direction of the function and continuous improvement activities across the group.
Internal Controls Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- You’ll operate at a senior level within the team and report into the Global Head of Internal Controls, supporting them with IC activities across the group.
- There is an International network of stakeholders, you will support, manage and develop this network of IC professionals throughout the group entities.
- You will also be responsible for assisting with the development and use of data analytics to complement and strengthen the internal controls over financial reporting.
- Support management of the annual internal control process across the corporate HO and the underlying group companies. This annual process consists of control effectiveness testing (design and operating effectiveness), control design improvement, implementation/deficiency remediation and reporting.
- You will also be responsible for continuous improvement activities and advise management on solutions to identified deficiencies and/or opportunities for value creation and fraud prevention. Bring best practices and continuous improvement into the area of IC.
- Supporting the financial activities of the group you will also assist with cost control optimisation tasks.
- University degree or similar equivalent relevant higher education qualification
- A recognized professional qualification ACA/ACCA/CPA/CISA/CISM/CISSP (or equivalent) is required, or alternatively an RO/RE or CIA qualification
- Project Management skills would be useful as well – Prince 2, PMP, LEAN.
- At least 5 years of work experience of which 3years experience in financial/operational auditing within a professional accountancy firm, internal audit or internal control function
If you are interested in this position, please send an updated CV to email@example.com.